Since Friday, I've been puppy-sitting for a friend. She has the CUTEST dog, so sweet, so quiet, so good, so fun. At her house. At my house, he is a barking, lonely, scared little vacuum. Bringing him home was like releasing five toddlers in my apartment. I have pulled the following items out of his mouth in the past 72 hours:
- Cigarette butt
- Used chewing gum (various)
- Dryer sheet
- Loose change
- Ziplock bag
- Jingle bell
- Cat toy
- Cat litter (eww)
- Screws and bolts
- My electric bill
- Candle
- 2-liter bottle Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi
Parts of it were so fun!! Taking the dog on walks and to the park, having conversations with strangers who totally want to chat just because I'm accompanied by a puppy, all that sort of thing. Overall, though, I have decided I am not so much a puppy person. I am, however, very succeptible to cuteness. So, I'm counting on you guys. Remind me that I actually fished a jingle bell out of a dog's mouth.
I'll thank you later.

1 comment:
You forgot the surgical gloves. And the carpet. And your bike.
And this is why I can't have anything nice-- two adorably cute dogs, who eat everything, feel the need to "hunt" my down pillow, and, when feeling playful, make my house sound like the center of an illegal dog-fighting ring.
Post a Comment