Tuesday, May 09, 2006

So much bad

The past 24-hours...so bad. Ok, here we go:

Around 5 last night I started trying to track down a package from DHL. I'd ordered a few new suits from Ann Taylor, and had two interviews today, so it was pretty important they show up. So, phone call, phone call, meltdown, phone call, meltdown, phone call....bottom line the package was nowhere to be found, was not delivered on time, and could not be delivered before my interviews.

Enter the nicest man ever in history: Will from DHL. Will offered to stay late, dig around in the huge warehouse of packages, find mine, and bring it to my house at like midnight. I love Will. So, instead of getting to bed at some reasonable time, I sat around waiting on Will's call. Sainted Will found my suits at about 10pm - disaster averted. I strongly recommend that you all immediately call DHL and tell them you love them. They're great.

So, off to sleep at midnight or so, and then woke up at 5 to get ready to catch my flight, and to email my boss that I was sick. Yeah, sick, that's it. So sick, I had to take a day off work to go interview for other jobs.

Went to the airport, went to get my boarding pass, and...I had no reservation. The travel agency had reserved my flight, but hadn't paid for it. So, I antied up a credit card and headed for the security line.

This is where things turn bad. Now, there are maybe 25 attorneys at my firm. And I live in a huge city. What are the odds I would run into attorneys from my firm at the airport? Turns out it's roughly 100%. Two partners from my firm were in the security line in front of me. Also on my flight. Also, I sat between them on the plane. Yeah, that was a little awkward.

So, the "Robin is Secretly Interviewing" cat is inadvertently out of the bag.

The interviews themself were fine. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here dreading the moment when I face my boss tomorrow and listen to snide comments about how I'm feeling, etc, etc.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!! That could not have actually happened-- really?! That is TERRIBLE! I hope the interviews were good, though, and I look forward to hearing all about them. I even said little prayers for you and everything. It never occurred to me to pray that you wouldn't run into partners on the plane, though. My bad!

Heidi MacInnis said...

Oh Robin! I'm picturing you looking so smart in your Ann Taylor suits. They should make a "Bridget Jones" type movie about your life. Really, you are a movie waiting to happen. Good luck with the interviews!

Anonymous said...

Its Jennis fault for being stingy with the Prayers!!

:P

-Dave

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»