Sunday, May 21, 2006

Silverlake in the morning!!!

This afternoon at 4:00, I decided to take a little nap. The idea was to grab a few Z's, then go to the gallery opening of a friend of mine, then get ready for the triathlon, and hit the sack by 10:00. I'm supposed to be there ready to go at 5:30 am.

Instead, I went to sleep at 4:00 and woke up at 10:30. Doh.

So, here I am, my giant Nordstrom bag of triathlon stuff packed, stressing over stuff like whether the number should be pinned on the front or back of my shirt, where to put the stickers on my helmet, blah, blah, blah. And now I am wide awake. So, I'm chilling out with a bowl of cereal and a very special Dr. Phil primetime special. This is not exactly how I intended to prepare for the race, but I guess it'll do.

Of COURSE, I will let you all know how it went tomorrow. There are only 400 people in the race, so I anticipate finishing somewhere around 398. Surely there are two people slower than me:)

No comments: