Doesn't it seem like I've been taking this class for roughly forever? I kind of think yes.
I technically started on February 4th, and it is an 18 week class. So, we just started our 12th week. Basic math says that gives me six weeks to go. And during those six weeks, I have three triathlons in front of me.
I have to confess, though, that after Easter I just went MIA during week 11. I was tired. I wanted to watch The Apprentice (yay, Roxanne!). I missed my couch.
Last night I finally dragged my pitiful self back to swim class. And of course, it was great, and now I'm mad I missed any classes. To me, working out is like church - honestly, not something I jump out of bed longing to go do. But, once I've done it, I always leave thinking, "Why don't I do this all the time?"
When I got to class last night there was a nice little surprise: they switched the lanes. Damn. Know how a pool is rectangular? We used to swim in lanes that ran the short way. Now, the lanes run the loooooong way in the pool. Instead of getting to take a little breather every 25 meters, I have to go 50 full yards before I can hang onto the side and gasp for air. So, it was kind of a tough night, but fun. Good. Challenging. I am still totally amazed that I can actually move my body from Point A to Point B. Not gracefully, not with any art, but I do the job. Miracle.
The best thing though is that I am so happy with my body these days. (Boys, tune out, you won't get this. Girls, I'm sure you know what I mean.) I look the same, I weigh the same, everything is the same, but I just LIKE my body. It can do cool things like swim a lot, or cycle 37 miles, or run...ok, not so much run. But still, I am much less critical of myself lately. I'm giving myself room to be imperfect, and just having fun. It's a nice place to be.
If any of you have free time, I just totally suggest finding something random you've always wanted to do, and going for it. Find a class. Try a sport. Ignore your fears. It's liberating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»
Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»
Post a Comment