Saturday, April 01, 2006

Crap

This morning I went and got my teeth whitened. I have a little self-improvement "to do" list, and that was one of the first things on it. My dentist told me it might make my teeth a little sensitive, and that the sensitivity could last up to 24 hours. No problem.

Um, we have a problem. It has been four hours since I left the dentist. While I DO have sparkly white teeth, I also feel like I'm biting into ice cream basically all the time. It used to be an infrequent jolt, but now it's constant pain.

I read online that this pain can be caused if the solution irritates the nerves inside your teeth, and it is made worse by eating or drinking cold/hot things, or....drumroll.... breathing through your mouth. Great.

We are currently T-minus 16 hours from my triathlon. I don't think I can hold my breath for a 500 meter swim, so I can basically assure I'll have to breath through my mouth. And I'm sure I'll breath through my mouth while biking and running.

So, I just popped a Vicadin and I have my fingers crossed. If my first tri is going to involve two hours of screaming, inflamed nerve endings, I may have to pass.

No comments: