Thursday, April 06, 2006

Oh, y'all...

The trisuits have arrived.

Oh my. I just went and picked them up from my apartment office. They came in a box about the size of a Rubik's Cube.

I have to admit, I was kind of excited to see what they would do. It would be soooo much simpler if I could just wear one nice easy outfit for the whole tri.

I cracked open the box, and immediately saw SILVER!!! Shiny, ice skating costume, metallic silver. I definitely did NOT order anything with silver on it. I ordered one black trisuit, and one charcoal/aqua trisuit. Nothing with silver.

I pulled it out and just laughed. There was a royal blue and silver suit on top. The brand I ordered, but not the color. And I don't mean it was trimmed in silver. I mean it was MOSTLY silver. Trimmed in blue. But, I went ahead and tried it on, just for kicks.

All I can say is that it was HORRIBLY unflattering. All shiny and metallic, and made out of that cheap material used for swimsuits from Walmart or Target, which can't hold a shape at all. And the silver was ridiculous. With some fishnets and a cape, I would have looked like a minor superhero.

OK, onward and upward!!! The next one was actually really cute. Charcoal gray with aqua stripes. The material was much thicker, so it didn't look so cheap. The style was flattering, and I thought we had a winner. Then I tried to put my arms in the armholes. Now, I'm not a tall person, and I don't have a disproportionately long torso or anything, but this thing was just too short. Once I wrestled it on, the shoulder pieces were cutting in to my skin, and the armholes exposed WAAAY too much boob. It was hard to imagine swimming in this contraption. Another loser.

I give up. Layers it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, those suits don't even really look good on the professional athletes... I think you've made a wise choice with layers. You cannot go wrong with layers.