Wednesday, April 05, 2006

51

So those of you in Texas know that it goes from winter to hot in like 24 hours. And hot is here. It was like 80 today. This should make swimming more fun, but biking and running a little tougher.

Speaking of biking, our coach evaluated all of our performances from Sunday, and decided our weakest sport is biking. So, we're going to start doing tons more biking. In that spirit, we're going on a fifty-one mile bike ride this Sunday.

Now, I'm all for a challenge, and obviously you need to push past the distance you'll need to do in the race, but 51 miles seems a little much. In my races, I'll be doing either 12.4 or 15 miles. So, 51 seems like a little overkill. In a half-ironman, you bike 56 miles.

My biggest concern is that I haven't learned how to drink water while cycling yet. The move to let go, reach down by my knee, grab the bottle, pop the lid, and drink...no way. I've seriously tried, and I just go skidding off course every time. I can't maintain a straight line at all. I guess I could just pull over every so often and drink. I dunno, I think I'm overthinking this.

Also, after two fruitless shopping trips to find a particular brand of trisuit, I just gave up and ordered two online. (I also ordered two pairs of crocodile pumps from Nine West, which has nothing to do with anything, but was much more fun.) SO, I should have two trisuits in my possession in 5 to 7 business days. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wearing Gatahhhs now? You're like Andre from Outkast!! SO Kewl!!

:)

Anonymous said...

What about getting one of those beer-helmet things? That way, you have a tube feeding into your mouth with a constant water supply. Actually, I might get one of those myself. I get so tired of going to the break room to get a Diet Coke - hmmmmm....