Remember when I thought it was cool that I had a bike crash? Remember when I thought that was a fun story? Remember when my thumbs were the same size? Remember when I could grip a pencil without wincing?
Turns out the bloody knee was merely distracting me from the fact that I maybe broke a bone in my hand. I am HOPING and PRAYING that this is just some weird bruise, but basically my right thumb is abnormally large, and it hurt to do anything that involves bending my palm. Which is pretty much everything, as it turns out.
The shooting pain started when I attempted to flip open my shampoo bottle this morning. No go. Continued when I turned my car key. Had to do that left-handed. Continued when I got to work and had to move files around. Bit my lip. Turns out I'm pretty good at typing without bending my right hand. I only whimpered a little, and quietly at that.
Back when I started my job, I made a promise that I would never show any sort of weakness or expose myself to office gossip, or basically do anything to attract attention to myself. No crying, no emotional outbursts, no discussion of my lovelife, no personal anecdotes. And no whining when I fall on my thumb. It's been a long, long day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment