Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A night of firsts

I got a bike!!! That's the good news. It is SOOOO cool. I felt soooo trendy driving home with my fancy new bike attached to my fancy new bike rack. Thirteen hundred dollars later, I'm an athlete. Or at least I have athlete accessories.

I bought my bike from my bike coach's shop. That was (1) a good idea, cause I got to meet him and he fit my bike to me. It was also (2) a bad idea, because I foresee a lot of extra attention in class because he now knows my name, and I because I clearly require extra help. I asked an ALARMING number of stupid questions.

Also, he may think I am psycho. I was ON in the shop. ON. On like Rodney Dangerfield . On like Kathy Griffin at the Golden Globes. On like a comedien whose show is crashing and burning, but if I can get one great joke, I'll have them back....I have never made so many pathetically unwitty comments in such a short time. I could hear them coming, I just couldn't stop them.

It was like all my nervous attention was focused on him. Humiliating? Yes. First, he made me stand on the bike while he adjusted the seat, so his face was DAMN NEAR my ass. Also, he kept moving my bare foot around, and for real, it has been AT LEAST two weeks since my legs have seen a razor. Then, we had a long, in-depth conversation about vaginal padding in biking shorts. ***Sigh***

Oh, and did I mention my coach is hot? Hot in that skinny biker cute kind of way. Lance-esque.

So, that was first number one: first bike.

Then, I rushed home and like a six-year-old I had to IMMEDIATELY ride it. First ride.

Everything was humming along until I needed to stop. That's when the third first happened: first bike crash. Of course. Apparently, despite the amount of time my coach spent crouched at ass-level, he still left my seat too high. Bottom line: I am now propped up on my couch with my bloody knee covered in Neosporin. First injury.

You'd think I might be bummed, but I'm actually kinda pumped. My first bike story. Cool.

No comments: