Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Back in Business

So I'm back!!! I went to swim class Monday night and the place ERUPTED. Sweet little G gave me a hug and told me he missed me. Now, people miss class all the time and really no one notices. I miss four days and there is a group outcry. I think this can be interpreted in one of three ways:

  1. I am the super-popular Homecoming Queen of my class, and everyone loves and adores me. (Not likely)
  2. I am the super-slow girl that makes everyone else feel better about their progress, so I serve I vital class function which was missed when I wasn't there, and some new people had to be the slow kids. (Extremely likely)
  3. I have ZERO understanding of privacy and personal boundaries, and I'm not at all afraid to ask people random questions. This is why I know all about B's wife's new job, and S's divorce, and how G's wife is both proud of him for taking the class and terrified that he's going to have a heart attack. So people maybe just know me a little better than other people in our class. (Probably the real answer)

Regardless, I'm back. Rejoice.

In other news, I have my very own Traithlon Stalker!! His name is Jay. He struck up a conversation during swimming Monday night. Sounds friendly, no? The problem is that ole Jay is a smidge creepy. His big opening line was, "Hey, I've seen you around the last couple of weeks. You've got a nice stroke." The problems with that are, (1) Jay has in fact NOT seen me around unless he has been watching me from the parking lot with binoculars. My class is always outside alone. Also, (2) I do not have a nice stroke - I swallow minimum a gallon of chlorinated water a night. Also, (3) Jay is not in my class. Yet he attended my class, kept pace with me, and talked to me at the end of every single lap. Also, (4) Jay looks a little crazy. I dunno, maybe he's fine, the whole thing just struck me as odd. Who's a traithlon class groupie?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so cute and popular...

Anonymous said...

WHATEVER!! Ive been watching you change through you're blinds for years now and noone ever wrote a Blog about ME.. Fine.. FINE. I guess a guy has to be a swimmer or a bike guy to get any type of creep attention. Whatever happened to just being creeped out for creeps sake?

*sigh* I give up..

*puts away camera with telephoto lens*

Forget it

-Dave the Creepy EX Stalker