Monday, March 26, 2007

We have a date!!! (Maybe)


Last weekend JW and I went to Galveston to look for reception places. The only place that kind of worked was a resort hotel, the Galvez. Beautiful property, nice people, and apparently we came just in time to witness the aftermath of The Bachelor's wedding. Which Bachelor? We're not sure. I don't know if the concierge was trying to be discrete, or seriously didn't know the guy's name (likely the later), but you heard it here first, folks....one of the Bachelor's got married to a girl he met on a blind date Saturday night at the Galvez with 220 guests and an ocean view. And apparently some privacy. Take that Trista!!!


So, after much thinking, we've decided to have the wedding in Dallas, hopefully on August 25th. Everyone mark your calendars!!! This will be set in stone by tax day (and one lucky reader's birthday!).


Here's the info, as we know it:


CHURCH: Highland Park United Methodist Church. Hopefully, there is a picture of the chapel somewhere on here.
RECEPTION: Aldredge House (www.aldredgehouse.net). This place is cool because they basically hand over the keys to the house for the night. Tucker, I have some audiovisual assignments for you.
And that is all. G'night!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me guess.. I get to be the video guy? Are we filming in Widescreen!? oooh oooh *hopping up and down* can we record in Surround Sound!!??

maybe THX!!!! *faints*

......

I dont have a phone yet cuz I just moved, but I'll call when it all gets hooked up :)

Heidi MacInnis said...

You may regret that decision! ;) As long as your wedding video is not a recorded conversation of "anonymous" hitting on a bridesmaid. Sounds like things are moving along and at least some fun decisions are ahead.

Robin said...

Not that kind of audio visual. Although now that you mention it, I kind of do need a videographer. Hmm...

What I really had in mind was a movie playing in the backyard. There's a huge garden, and we may have a bunch of kids, so I thought about setting up a projector, throwing some blankets on the ground and letting them watch a movie during the reception. What do you think? Doable? It will probably be light outside, but I doubt Nathan will critique the picture clarity.

Anonymous said...

Robin's... going to the chapel, and she's gonna get marr-arr-arried! Goin' to the chapel and she's gonna get marr-arr-arried!

Yippee!

P.S. Ha-ha, Tucker! You have to do chores!!

Anonymous said...

If Robin makes the bridesmaids (Or just Jenni) sing Going to The Chapel into their bouquets then I will not only video tape it, but I'll get Brad Pitt to play the part of J-Dub!!!

It should be do-able, but if it's TOO bright out then there wont be anything to see, but in the evening (dusk and on) it is definitely do-able.

-Tuckernonymous.

PS. hmm.. I wonder if Megan would like to be my.. Video Assistant. muahahahah

Anonymous said...

What do you mean "makes"? I will totally do that on my own-- and I'll do it twice if Brad Pitt is around. And spinning... there will be lots of spinning in whatever dress I wear.