Monday, March 19, 2007

Gettin Hitched (Heidi, this is for you)

When last we spoke, I had just moved a few hundred miles away from my then-boyfriend JW for a new job. Fast forward a few months, and he has now moved to Dallas and we are engaged (take that, ex-boss)!

It's hard to believe that things have changed so fast. I met JW ten months ago today. In ten short months, things have changed completely. New job, new city, new relationship, new family. I'm going to have a new NAME soon. Holy cow. Weird.

He proposed on December 29th, and I was TOTALLY surprised. We'd been talking about it, but I just didn't see it coming at all on that particular day. He was very sneaky about it, even involving my family and Mother Nature. A story for another day. Maybe I'll let JW tell it.

So, in the three months we've been engaged, we've managed to plan a lot of small details, but absolutely cannot decide on a date or venue. Or city. At least we've narrowed it down to Texas.

Here are the options:

GALVESTON - JW's parents live there, and are members of a beautiful church. Unfortunately, we can't find a place to have a reception. We're still working on it.

DALLAS - We found a great place to have a reception, but can't find a church. You see my frustration....

MY HOMETOWN - We could have the wedding at my parent's farm, but it would involve a tent outdoors, which depending on the weather would either be (1) gorgeous, or (2) disaster. With my luck, disaster.

More to come later...

2 comments:

Heidi MacInnis said...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited that you are back. Also, Dave is a liar... ;) Congratulations on all your great news. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Hoorah for more mayhem!! Thanks for giving me an excuse to procrastinate at work. Can't wait to hear more updates...